My diet now keeps my body alkaline. I also do not eat high histamine foods and food containing gluten. My diet change has made a huge difference to my life.
The Acid Alkaline Balance
Human blood pH should be slightly alkaline ( 7.35 - 7.45 ). Below or above this range means symptoms and disease. A pH of 7.0 is neutral. A pH below 7.0 is acidic. A pH above 7.0 is alkaline.
An acidic pH can occur from, an acid forming diet, emotional stress, toxic overload, and/or immune reactions or any process that deprives the cells of oxygen and other nutrients. The body will try to compensate for acidic pH by using alkaline minerals. If the diet does not contain enough minerals to compensate, a build up of acids in the cells will occur.
An acidic balance will: decrease the body’s ability to absorb minerals and other nutrients, decrease the energy production in the cells, decrease it’s ability to repair damaged cells, decrease it’s ability to detoxify heavy metals, make tumor cells thrive, and make it more susceptible to fatigue and illness. A blood pH of 6.9, which is only slightly acidic, can induce coma and death.
The reason acidosis is more common in our society is mostly due to the typical American diet, which is far too high in acid producing animal products like meat, eggs and dairy, and far too low in alkaline producing foods like fresh vegetables. Additionally, we eat acid producing processed foods like white flour and sugar and drink acid producing beverages like coffee and soft drinks. We use too many drugs, which are acid forming; and we use artificial chemical sweetners like NutraSweet, Spoonful, Sweet ‘N Low, Equal, or Aspartame, which are poison and extremely acid forming. One of the best things we can do to correct an overly acid body is to clean up the diet and lifestyle.
To maintain health, the diet should consist of 60% alkaline forming foods and 40% acid forming foods. To restore health, the diet should consist of 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acid forming foods.
Generally, alkaline forming foods include: most fruits, green vegetables, peas, beans, lentils, spices, herbs and seasonings, and seeds and nuts.
Generally, acid forming foods include: meat, fish, poultry, eggs, grains, and legumes.
Click here for more information.
- purpletonik reblogged this from damnsmartblueboxes
- 7th-chakra likes this
- littlebeeonthemove likes this
- son-et--lumiere likes this
- lovely-moonchild likes this
- gingerxhaze reblogged this from ground-ivy-magic
- gingerxhaze likes this
- vivaaarte likes this
- ground-ivy-magic reblogged this from atiron
- kendalballsack likes this
- michaelate likes this
- kehrowlinealldatime reblogged this from afrobunny
- kehrowlinealldatime likes this
- sokeepitonthelo likes this
- sokeepitonthelo reblogged this from a-cosmic-faerie
- indeedsmile reblogged this from a-cosmic-faerie
- sebbylikes reblogged this from a-cosmic-faerie
- a-cosmic-faerie reblogged this from ohmothernature
- pyrexiophobia likes this
- karuuna likes this
- kahtreens likes this
- denzelwynter reblogged this from howtobeterrell
- denzelwynter likes this
- prosetitute likes this
- findingtherealme-blog reblogged this from breathemeinlikepixiesticks
- kolibriaurinko likes this
- longrednail reblogged this from breathemeinlikepixiesticks
- porrefmonster likes this
- dandelionup likes this
- gato-enfermo likes this
- snlbound likes this
- theyouthquake reblogged this from breathemeinlikepixiesticks
- alltheawfulnormals likes this
- breathemeinlikepixiesticks reblogged this from whyyy
- srus reblogged this from shatteredking
- hazzen likes this
- situationally likes this
- maupensamento reblogged this from kcalron
- transitiontohere likes this
- genderterrorist likes this
- mellowbear reblogged this from justawildflowerr
- latinagabi likes this
- esoterrible likes this
- shatteredking reblogged this from howtobeterrell
- millerharry likes this
- ernestinewadsworth reblogged this from howtobeterrell
- tittytape reblogged this from howtobeterrell
- powerisforpussies likes this
- shutupvance reblogged this from paranoidsuperhero