Right so what you’re saying here is that by opposing the oppressive institutions of sex work, you are in fact against transgender people? What? Sorry everything you’re saying makes absolutely no sense. Nobody’s out to attack sex workers themselves here and in fact the whole criticism centers around sex work as an oppressive social institution. What you’re saying is the equivalent of saying criticism of capitalism is anti-worker because workers are the largest demographic element of capitalism. Being against sex workers themselves, as people, would be anti-trans women, and anti-women in general, which is not the case here.
That’s funny, because from where I sit as a sex worker, attacks on my working rights are attacks on me. You can hide behind your bullshit Nordic Model all you want, but at the end of the day sex workers need to make a living and attacking sex work attacks our ability to earn money.
Read some Viviane Namaste and shut the fuck up.
Nordic model? What? Do I look like a social democrat to you? Am I being trolled?
Sorry, it’s hard to tell you anti-sex work people apart.
The original argument is that attacks on the rights of sex workers directly impacts on a large number of trans women’s day to day lives and our ability to survive. The rhetoric that sex work is inherently oppressive is used to take the rights of sex workers away - no matter what model, if any, you support. The end outcome is that trans women’s lives are directly (and negatively) impacted.
People like you like to get all theoretical about sex work and capitalism etc etc, but this doesn’t help trans women sex workers in their day to day lives at all. You know what would? The decriminalisation of sex work (and no - the Nordic model is not decriminalisation).
This is all articulated much better by people like Viviane Namaste and Mirha-Soleil Ross.
- kittenfrogs likes this
- catsrionic reblogged this from jawdust
- catsrionic likes this
- heroicallyfound likes this
- onaishi likes this
- jawdust reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- everythingbutharleyquinn reblogged this from takemetoponyisland
- clownyprincess likes this
- takemetoponyisland reblogged this from maggotmaster and added:
- infernaldesiremachinations likes this
- maggotmaster reblogged this from takemetoponyisland and added:
- bitethebolster likes this
- ourcatastrophe likes this
- nemesissy reblogged this from odofemi and added:
- jackrad likes this
- le-kif-kif reblogged this from reagan-and-sara and added:
- pickledhappiness likes this
- collaterlysisters reblogged this from maggotmaster and added:
- makeitthroughthis likes this
- agender-queer likes this
- hi-glitz likes this
- iszwald likes this
- fatallabyrinth likes this
- hn-elly reblogged this from maggotmaster and added:
- nemesissy likes this
- fuzzyhorns reblogged this from odofemi and added:
- odofemi reblogged this from fuzzyhorns and added:
- hn-elly said: because she gave praise to the work of raymond and others and never once spoke out against their transphobic bullshit and had a professional relationship with them. basically guilt by association.
- wrywlf said: yea h
- maggotmaster posted this