I dont want someone to love me like Edward loves Bella
i dont want someone to love me like a fat kid loves cake.
i dont want someone to love me like Romeo loves Juliet.
I dont want any of that.
I want someone to love me, like Severus Snape loved Lily Potter.
I am so deeply bored with the romanticizing of Snape. I get it, he’s the brilliant, tortured, brooding Heathcliff of the piece, but he was also slimy, desperate and frequently despicable. His motivations were rarely selfless or pure. I acknowledge his eventual heroism, but I am seriously worried by the amount of people who wish to be loved in the way he loved Lily.
His love was obsessive. It was unrequited. He was so irrationally envious that he made her child’s life miserable because he looked like the man she loved. Snape tortured Harry purely because he was the product of a relationship that shattered his little emo heart. How is that acceptable or desirable?
I can only assume the people reblogging this have never actually experienced this obsessive breed of unrequited affection. When someone wants you this desperately and you’re unable to return those emotions it’s awkward, uncomfortable and unpleasant. It makes you feel like the bad person. It infiltrates your life, it plagues you with guilt, it damages the relationships you DO have. It makes you feel sick to your stomach because there’s something deeply invasive about someone thinking about you in that way when you don’t want them to. And I find it disturbing that Snape took his opportunity to hold her when she died, because in life she would never want that from him. Snape was utterly selfish in his love for her, almost to the extent he’d disregard her desires, as well as the happiness of everyone around her. It wasn’t good enough Lily was happy, because she wasn’t happy with HIM.
Lily had no interest in Snape. She was kind to him when no one else was, but she wasn’t attracted to him. Lily loved James. James was a young man with an ego. He was a bully, and he did unpleasant things, as most kids do, but that doesn’t negate the hero he became. James was courageous, and brave, and fiercely loyal. He became a fucking animagus at 15 to help his friend. He was brilliant, devoted, and he willingly, without hesitation, died to protect the family he adored. James was the love of Lily’s life, and Snape was the boy who was obsessed with her.
There’s nothing romantic about the way Snape felt for her. ‘Lasting’ doesn’t equate in desirable. If you WANT someone you have NO interest in to be obsessed with you, to the extent they will detest your child for not being theirs, then that’s all kinds of fucked up.
- reckl3ss-l0vee reblogged this from mikaylav
- reckl3ss-l0vee likes this
- mikaylav reblogged this from shoeeelaces
- serendipityofdance likes this
- shoeeelaces reblogged this from jonhelynlaantin
- hey-keepsmiling likes this
- jonhelynlaantin reblogged this from anneazucena
- exchelles reblogged this from samanddeantimetravelto221b
- harrypotterjournal reblogged this from charles-dances
- hyperions-light likes this
- togob95 reblogged this from starcrossedbeauty
- imlostinexistence likes this
- portmanteauverload reblogged this from ravenzoe
- tdd91 reblogged this from snapeandlilyalways
- nemosaltat reblogged this from cirera
- the-qu33nb reblogged this from notbroken-justbent-alot
- whatabouthappilyeverafter reblogged this from notbroken-justbent-alot
- taylor-lovesyou reblogged this from notbroken-justbent-alot
- bookworm89 likes this
- oreonekochan reblogged this from honor-roll-fangirl
- ashleynya likes this
- honor-roll-fangirl reblogged this from samanddeantimetravelto221b
- notbroken-justbent-alot reblogged this from padfootgirl562
- padfootgirl562 reblogged this from drgabelecter
- necronomi-cat reblogged this from drgabelecter
- the-ambooty reblogged this from hollyxquinn
- the-ambooty likes this
- darkmotherdevine likes this
- hollyxquinn reblogged this from samanddeantimetravelto221b
- dommidommdoomdomm likes this
- ineeners reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- drgabelecter reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- tsubakaz reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- drgabelecter likes this
- samanddeantimetravelto221b reblogged this from shionsnezumi and added:
- unecamomilledeplus likes this
- meulin2dope likes this
- shionsnezumi reblogged this from meggannn
- weasleysweaters394 likes this
- elliestorm reblogged this from belislythindor
- sunflower-seeds reblogged this from jediteaparty
- deathrite-silverheart159 reblogged this from dreamingaboutonedaymore
- dreamingaboutonedaymore likes this
- dreamingaboutonedaymore reblogged this from hp-books-music-spn
- princessfoolishtraveler reblogged this from hp-books-music-spn
- hp-books-music-spn reblogged this from shacklebojack
- waitingforwinchesters reblogged this from hotllamasex
- surroundedby-fish reblogged this from jediteaparty
- 808backster likes this
- e-marie-potterhead reblogged this from hotllamasex