Posts tagged life philosophy.
As you begin this day, tell yourself, “Today I am incarnated anew! I am released from the hypnosis of my old habits and mistakes! Everything that I have long dreamed of doing I will accomplish in this, my new life.
It evolved itself (I am severely scientific) out of a chaos of scraps of iron and behold! — it knits. I am horrified at the horrible work and stand appalled. I feel it ought to embroider — but it goes on knitting. You come and say: “this is all right; it’s only a question of the right kind of oil. Let us use this — for instance — celestial oil and the machine shall embroider a most beautiful design in purple and gold.” Will it? Alas no. You cannot by any special lubrication make embroidery with a knitting machine. And the most withering thought is that the infamous thing has made itself; made itself without thought, without conscience, without foresight, without eyes, without heart. It is a tragic accident — and it has happened. You can’t interfere with it. The last drop of bitterness is in the suspicion that you can’t even smash it. In virtue of that truth one and immortal which lurks in the force that made it spring into existence it is what it is — and it is indestructible!
It knits us in and it knits us out. It has knitted time space, pain, death, corruption, despair and all the illusions — and nothing matters.
The BIG Girls Code: A Guide to Living LARGE and FABULOUS!
(photos: Jeff Newton Photography; dress:Unique Vintage; veil: The Sunflower Stand Etsy Shop)
It is a reaction against mainstream society that would have me branded as lazy and dumb.
I do not impose this code on anyone else. I chose to follow this simply because it is a creative way of making the beauty of my interior evident in my exterior. This is my way of being.
My BIG Girls Code:
1) I pledge never to leave my home without my hair back combed BIG and high with PRIDE.
2) I pledge never to leave my home without my makeup done, ENHANCING all my natural beauty.
3) I pledge always to wear clothes that fit tight, accentuating, and showing off all my CURVES. Not hiding my body behind over-sized clothes (pajamas and sweat pants are out of the question).
4) I pledge to have fun with what I wear: wearing bright colors, polka dots, stripes and things that sparkle, showing off my inner LIGHT.
5) I pledge never to wear a bag that is smaller than one half of my butt cheeks (this may sound silly, but having an itty bitty bag that hides under your armpit is not for me). I like extravagance and a bag that sends a message. BIGGER IS BETTER!
6) I pledge to work hard and give each task my one hundred percent, even taking on greater challenges to STANDOUT and SHINE.
7) I pledge to practice self-love by making an effort to pamper myself when I feel good, when I feel blue, or when I feel stressed (i.e. mani’s, pedi’s, face masks).
8) I pledge to try my best to be conscious of keeping my good health in two important areas: a) by putting more natural things in and on my body, feeling guilt-free when I slip up, and taking immense pleasure in eating; b) by practicing more of the physical activities I enjoy (i.e. dancing and jiggling my bits, making out, and having SEX).
- La Chica Mas Fina
Free yourself from the psychological structure of society, which is to free yourself from the essence of conflict.
Pandeism holds that God was a conscious and sentient force or entity that designed and created the universe, which operates by mechanisms set forth in the creation. God thus became an unconscious and nonresponsive being by becoming the universe. Other than this distinction (and the possibility that the universe will one day return to the state of being God), pandeistic beliefs are deistic.
simone i already have too many feels about space help
this is not mine, but I like it a lot and thought I’d share
found it here https://www.facebook.com/girlgangs
Everything you need you already have. You are complete right now, you are a whole, total person, not an apprentice person on the way to someplace else. Your completeness must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality.
- Holding down a job is not a measure of value.
- Attending school is not a measure of value.
- Whether or not you can “contribute” to society is not a measure of whether or not your life is valuable and worth preserving.
These are standards held up by a society values money and production over everything else. If you think life has any less value or worth because of an inability to do any of the above you re fucking wrong.